Sunday 16 July 2017

The 13th Doctor


Interesting to see the reactions about Jodie Whittaker taking over from Peter Capaldi as the Doctor. Nice to see that most are positive. Four years or so ago, I was very much against a female Doctor, at the time when Capaldi was chosen. Well, I've mellowed to the idea since then, and would have been more surprised if they hadn't gone for a woman this time.
Making the Master female worked wonderfully. I never had a problem with Missy.
I haven't waded in with any comments in the run up to the announcement this time, as I realised it would, personally, be pointless. I'm a Doctor Who fan. Always have been. Always will be. I realised that whoever took on the role, I would be tuning in to Series 11 anyway, and writing about it on this Blog.
Jodie Whittaker is a damned fine actor. So long as Chibnall can deliver on the script side, I think the future for the programme looks good. Those fans unhappy with the choice need to give Whittaker the benefit of the doubt. The Doctor stands for many things - including tolerance and open-mindedness. Take a leaf out of his - or her - book.

No comments:

Post a Comment