Tuesday 6 August 2013

Tea With The Devil?


I'd like to thank Tea With Morbius for his comments on my recent post regarding the black / female / age issue:
http://animusisoldone.blogspot.co.uk/

I always respect other people's views whether I agree with them or not. The two of us are never going to see eye to eye - and that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.
(I suspect that if we ever sat in the same room together, it would be like the Harry Enfield sketches involving two ex-MPs in an old folk's home - one Tory, the other Labour - who argue all the time. They even did a Doctor Who one: "Under Labour we had Cybermen..." etc).
I'm actually going to add the site to my links. (He's welcome to link to me - should any of his readers ever want to go slumming...).
There can be far too much polarisation in Who fandom - some of which can be extremely damaging. Here's to strong convictions and healthy debate.
(PS: Harold Wilson - Cybermen, Ted Heath - none, Jim Callaghan - Cybermen. Coincidence or conspiracy? Discuss).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link and the respectful appreciation.

    The age issue? Personally I am glad that they chose a mature actor and not a pretty boy, but I'm too outraged about the race and sex issue to have mentioned that.

    ReplyDelete