Tuesday 14 April 2015

History - without a TARDIS


For those of you who have an interest in history, I have decided to set up a second blog, which I hope you will find to be of some interest. It is called "History Without A TARDIS". (All the best titles with the word 'musings' were taken, sadly). A link will go up on this blog shortly.
As my opening post mentions, this is another excuse for me to set down in writing a lot of the arcane knowledge that normally clutters up my head - this time of the non-Doctor Who variety. I suspect that my love of history is in no small measure due to my love of Doctor Who. Apart from academics, Doctor Who fans probably know more about the St. Bartholomew's Massacre than anyone else, for instance. Obviously, where my two favourite subjects intersect, this will receive special mention.
Unless archive material, photos (such as the above) will be my own.
Don't worry - tardismusings will not be neglected. Posts on historywithoutatardis.blogspot.co.uk will tend to be shorter ones. At present I am still endeavouring to give you each week a story review, a TARDIS travel, plus the evolution of the Cybermen.
The first post proper on the new blog is up, and it manages to cover the Great Fire of 1666, grave-robbers, ladies of the night, and a ghost. All from one street corner in London.
I hope you will enjoy it as much as this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment