Tuesday 21 December 2021

Blog Festive Update

 
My copy of the Season 17 Collection arrived yesterday, and so far I have only watched the first disc - Destiny of the Daleks and its extras. (One of the early highlights is a clip from Blue Peter, where Goldie, the BP dog, becomes obsessed with a homemade Dalek). With Christmas just around the corner I'll be concentrating on watching the other 5 discs, and preparing for a review once I get to the end of Shada - so I'll only be doing my "On This Day..." posts for the next few days.
Things won't really get back to normal until after Eve of the Daleks.

From January the story reviews will recommence with The Day of the Doctor, and you'll also get more A-Z entries (J is for... Jones seems to be taking forever). 
There will be more Inspirations (Aliens of London / World War III will be next), and more What's Wrong With... (The Invasion).
There will also be further Season Knock-Outs (it's Pertwee's first versus Colin Baker's last next time).

Additionally, there will be a totally new set of entries, which will take a very long time to work through, but I think you'll enjoy them. This blog will be a decade old next year, and there's a lot of information about each TV story scattered all over the place. I've therefore decided to start doing an episode by episode guide to the series, which will say everything you might want to know about each instalment in one place. I'll be doing one episode per week, as that was how they were broadcast (though I won't be taking long inter-seasonal breaks).

No comments:

Post a Comment