Monday 7 September 2020

Nostalgia Trip - The Blackpool Doctor Who Exhibition


Back in the 1970's, one of the highlights of my year was a visit to the Doctor Who Exhibition at Blackpool. My family used to visit the Lancashire seaside town on a regular basis. It was where my parents had spent their honeymoon. I visited the Exhibition every time we went, and took a careful note of every costume and prop on display. Sadly, at that time the mobile phone wasn't terribly mobile, or all that common, so I didn't have a handy HD camera on me. Indeed, I didn't own a camera at the time, and my dad (who was very into photography) never ventured inside with me - so sadly I don't have any visual record of my visits, just wonderful memories.
I was therefore thrilled to see on the Doctor Who News website an item with a link to download an e-book about the Exhibition, packed full of photographs.
I've just downloaded it and had a quick glance through, and it has brought back so many of those happy memories. I look forward to perusing it at my leisure. Whether you ever experienced it yourself, or just want to get to see a bit of Doctor Who history from what really was its Golden Age, I'd strongly recommend downloading a copy for yourself.
It can be found here:
https://blackpoolremembered7485.wordpress.com/download/

I know there was also an Exhibition at Longleat, but that never had the added bonus of Blackpool Pleasure Beach, the Tower, Little & Large at the Winter Gardens, Madam Tussauds, Ripley's Believe It Or Not exhibition, or the all pervading smell of candy floss and freshly baked donuts...

No comments:

Post a Comment